https://emailable.com/abuse/

> Is AWS alright with this..

I suppose the answer is yes. Getting any kind of answer to any question
out of them is beyond difficult, so this may be simply by implication.

> Trouble is how to tell good email validators from bad ones..
> Even, what is a good validator vs a bad one..

The good email validators don't show up on your mail servers. They do
stuff on their own, based on DNS and other things that don't require
turning into a woodpecker.

> And how about transparency?  Technically, I don't see the reasoning
> why to do this, and if you need to do it, not be transparent about
> it..

Yes.

I didn't write this

https://www.spamhaus.org/news/article/722/on-the-dubious-merits-of-email-verification-services

and I have nothing to do with the folks who did, but it's hard to
disagree with anything in it.

> Now, if there was only some method to see if you really have
> permission to use an email address.. ;)

Interested in buying a bridge in southern NYC? ;-)

--
Atro Tossavainen, Chairman of the Board
Infinite Mho Oy, Helsinki, Finland