This is not normal behavior, either by microsoft or your customer. My advice is
the same as it was yesterday: terminate the customer.

Microsoft doesn’t normally send backscatter, so the fact that you’re getting so
much tells me your customer (y’know, the one who didn’t give you a way to
contact them when they signed up) is a malicious actor and is preying on you
and your network.

Get rid of the customer. Their behavior is causing you network problems and
they won’t fix it (by pointing the MXs at a host that can handle the volume).
There is zero reason to keep them.

laura

The Delivery Experts

Laura Atkins