On 25/02/2023 12:32, Benny Pedersen via mailop wrote:
Simon Greenwood via mailop skrev den 2023-02-24 22:09:

This (which I didn't know) adds a whole different aspect to the issue
- much has been said about how email is now centralised and is almost
impractical to run as a small operator level, but if a company like
Shopify and indeed Sendgrid can't assure mail delivery because the
largest mail operators will reject mail sporadically based on
non-specific criteria, and more that someone in Christine's position
doesn't have someone they can call at Google or Microsoft or wherever,
then there's a bigger problem.

sendgrid do mistakes aswell :)

inbound is not outbound, all inbound ips could be recieving mails from custommers, thats fine, but question is then:

do sendgrid keep the inbound mail on this ip when sending to google ?, does google see mails from all ips at sendmail pr sendgrid custommer ?

who knows why this is failing ? :)

please if sendgrid is reading my silly mails, do not share ips pr sendgrid custommer, each custommer can have payed pr ip non shared, make more money, to make better service pr custommer, this advice is 100% free from me

Dedicated IPs are a paid addon of all commercial relay providers and it isn't just Sendgrid who have this problem. For that matter, handling inbound mail is usually a paid service, so a domain's MX records don't necessarily match their sending IPs but this doesn't matter if the SPF record is configured correctly. I would assume that Shopify do have dedicated IPs, but shared among their customers, which still results in a similar problem if customers spam or at least are perceived as spamming.

Simon