On 2023-03-05 at 11:47:07 UTC-0500 (5 Mar 2023 11:47:07 -0500)
John Levine via mailop <jo...@taugh.com>
is rumored to have said:

I wouldn't try to send mail from Linode if I cared about it being delivered.

Indeed.

Linode is a standout amongst cheap VM providers in the supply of attack traffic they make available from their cesspool networks. Only Digital Ocean is beating them. Never mind discernible spam, this crap actually causes availability problems. The only defense is dropping packets from them in bulk.

If any of my users want to get Groups.io mail that is impaired by this, they know how to address that issue. We're always happy to provide bespoke service to paying customers, but the issue hasn't come up.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire