Also on the topic on mail server hacking, I would suggest to add IP-restriction
on your mail accounts.

Theres 2 ways to include IP-restrictions in Exim:

The easiest one, is to simply lock out authentication for all unauthorized IPs
(Or simply block in firewall so unauthorized IPs cannot even contact the
submission port).

To lock out authentication, use “auth_advertise_hosts” and set to a list of IPs
or CIDR ranges that are permitted to login to your server.

The more complicated one, is to keep a IP-record for every email account or
even a CIDR (like /24) and use a custom authenticator, which also checks the
IP-number so username + password + IP must match before access is granted.

You can also choose to lock to country by using Geo-IP. So when a user on your
email system logs in first time, his field “Country” is set to the GeoIP of
{IP}.

Next time he logs on, you simply check in a custom authenticator so GeoIP of
{IP} is equal to the “Country” field in database.

That should fix your problem pretty good, since any type of IP restriction or
Country restriction will reduce the attack surface substationally.