Yeah, blocking on SPF -all is scary, really people shouldn't. But I'm
guilty of implementing it that way myself, so who am I to talk? Maybe
it's more that it's fine if you want to do it as a crazy hobbyist, but
if you're one of the biggest mailbox providers on the earth...it's not
a great idea.

The problem is that even if you have DMARC in place, it is VERY easy
to configure SPF checking so that SPF-failing mail is blocked at the
edge...you never get far enough to denote DKIM passing. Having
accidentally configured OpenDKIM and Python-PolicyD-SPF this way
myself in the past, I imagine others likely have to, and not
everybody's smart enough to notice when the edge cases are getting
weird.

It also depends on whether or not you want to really rely on DMARC or
not. If so, ~all would stop SPF alone causing a bounce, but still
leave things up to DMARC as far as rejecting or not ... so DKIM would
be considered. Assuming it's all configured correctly on the receiving
side. So, ~all is the way to go given that if done in conjunction with
DMARC, you're still telling the world to reject faked mail, but in a
slightly more safe manner.

Cheers,
Al Iverson

--