Your SPF record is not causing your mail to hit your junk folder.

Also, the link from MXtoolbox shows there is a SPF record there. It’s red
because the domain doesn’t align with your 5322.from address, but you aren’t
going to be able to fix that. That’s a valid SPF record and the IP address the
mail is sent from is within that block.
https://tools.wordtothewise.com/spf/check/mail1.wpengine.com is a different way
of looking at the SPF record itself.

Things that could be causing or contributing to mail going to the junk folder:

newish domain without a reputation
bots triggering WP admin mail (wp websites were a big contributor to
listbombing when we were hit some years back)
your own filter configuration that blocks mail “from” your domain not coming
from your MX or signed with your DKIM d=domain.
the mailchannels IP has a bad reputation with your spam filter
something about the mail is triggering bayesian filtering in your email client
you’re using PHPmailer and there’s a lot of spam that uses PHPmailer

Overall, there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with your technical
configuration. You may want to talk to the folks who are running your spam
filtering service to see what they can tell you about how to adjust your
settings to get mail in your inbox. If the problem is at other domains, you’re
going to need to be more specific about which filters are treating your mail
poorly before anyone can really give you a lot of assistance here.

laura

> On 5 Sep 2023, at 23:00, Mike Hammett via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
>
> We have a website on WP Engine. WP Engine sends its email through Mail
> Channels. It's ending up in our Junk Mail box on 365.
>
> I test via MX Toolbox's Mail Deliverability Report. It fails for "Domain not
> found in SPF", yet manually, everything I look up appears good. The IP it
> sends from is included in the SPF record MXToolbox says.
>
> I test via MailGenius, and it says the SPF is good.
>

> I'm clearly getting an undesired result by it hitting our Junk Mail folder.
> MXToolbox says it's bad, but then has conflicting info elsewhere. Someone
> else says it's fine. I'm not sure on how to proceed. It's not for sending
> campaigns, just transactional email (sending to us website contact forms,
> etc.). The domain is newish, but it's been around a few months.
>

> https://mxtoolbox.com/deliverability/6e6dc435-d515-4fc9-afab-776a215a5095
> https://app.mailgenius.com/spam-test/5783b6?_gl=1*9cwct7*_ga*OTE0Njc2NTgzLjE2OTM5NDg0NTc.*_ga_2BJPW3X1ZW*MTY5Mzk0ODQ1Ny4xLjAuMTY5Mzk0ODQ2Mi41NS4wLjA.
>

> I think I could set up DKIM, but that seems like it's not part of the
> low-hanging fruit problem.
>

> -----
> Mike Hammett
>  <https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL>