> Does anyone know, why Amazon is not using their customer's domain as
> envelope sender?

It appears that customers can decide to do it.

> The Username part looks like a completely new random string on every
> email sent. Or is there a way to match one specific Amazon SES customer?

Parts of it may be same.

Our "n" is on the order of 100,000 for August 2023.

In roughly 16,000 of these, the envelope-sender matched the ERE

([0-9a-f]+-){6}000...@eu-west-1.amazonses.com

70% were somehow involved with amazonses.com (that Envelope-From or
another one at that domain).

30% had an envelope-from that did NOT involve amazonses.com or amazon.com.

--
Atro Tossavainen, Founder, Partner
Koli-Lõks OÜ (reg. no. 12815457, VAT ID EE101811635)