Is anyone seeing large numbers of dictionary attacks from
20.42.100.251 (which is owned by Microsoft)?  I'm curious if they're
engaging in large-scale targeting.

        I'm seeing more than 2,000 attempts daily from 20.42.100.251 against
mail account local-parts like "test" and "teste" and 'testes" (I kid
you not) in various domains.  (The offending IP address has earned a
spot in my block-and-forget list.)

        The passwords they're attempting are typically matching the local
part, and with various 4-digit nubmers added -- they seem to be
trying passwords for various years, covering ranges like "test1900"
through "test2023" and so on.

        UCE-PROTECT (levels 1 and 2) have them blacklisted (and I agree with
their decision to blacklist them).

        In case anyone's curious, browsing to the IP address yields only the
default Ubuntu Linux web page from a fresh install of Apache HTTPd.

P.S.:  I don't bother reporting abuse directly to Microsoft anymore
because in the past they just bounced every message sent to their
postmaster@ and abuse@ accounts.  I'm also not interested in spending
the time required to fill out their long web-based reporting forms (I
don't have time for that).

--
Postmaster - postmas...@inter-corporate.com
Randolf Richardson, CNA - rand...@inter-corporate.com