It appears that Marcel Becker via mailop <marcel.bec...@yahooinc.com> said:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 5:25 PM Randolf Richardson, Postmaster via mailop <
>mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
>
>>         Interestingly, Google's GMail allows access to external eMail
>> accounts via POP3.  There's no IMAP4 support there.
>>

>They support IMAP as well.

That's the other direction.  You can tell them to collect mail from external
accounts, which they only do by POP.  I have a lot of users who do that to
avoid fruitless attempts to forward mail to Gmail.

You are right that if you want to access your Gmail account from other places,
they have an IMAP server.  With their own bespoke authentication, of course.

R's,
John