On Wed, 7 Feb 2024, at 08:32, Lichtinger, Bernhard via mailop wrote:

The IP addresses for "fonts.googleapis.com" are: 142.250.217.106 2607:f8b0:400a:800::200a

The IPs of "fonts.googleapis.com" got listed on SBL because these IPs are also used to serve "firebasestorage.googleapis.com". Last time i checked the IPs with https://check.spamhaus.org/ it told me the listing was because of malware hosted on some "firebasestorage.googleapis.com" URLs.

Thanks for pointing this out. Already yesterday I came to the conclusion that the whole thing is essentially related to how the Spamhaus' DQS plugin for SpamAssassin operates. My bug report, though, was quickly closed saying it was a "a listing issue". Understandably, such issues are not disputed in the dqs plugin issue tracker.

In the meantime, your reply, Bernhard, helped me understand better what's going on. So, I added a comment, also crediting you, re-iterating that the core problem is not that (presumably not all but) some IPs are SBL listed:

https://github.com/spamhaus/spamassassin-dqs/issues/68#issuecomment-1932189548

--
-- Andreas

     :-)