>>just because SPF and DMARC are so badly designed that they can't handle it
>>doesnt make it "forging" anything.

It isn't badly designed.
Forwarding a email, is the equvalient of, when you receive a signed envelope
from me containing a letter, you forge my signature on the new envelope.

That people have doing it for 40 years, doesn't make it right today. We had
open relay servers for 30-40 years too, but times have changed. Now every
public facing SMTP that offers relay is password protected for obvious reasons.
So its time to change our views of whats the "correct" way to forward an email.
We need a new standard, that does work with SPF, even when DMARC is set to
strict identity alignment which means also "MIME From:" must be rewritten.

Of course, lets go back to that signed envelope again. For obvious reasons, you
can't forward the envelope, as you needed to open it and destroy the seal, to
know where it should go.
What you do then, is write YOUR signature on the envelope with a  statement
that you verified my signature on the previous envelope.

That’s what the "new era" forwarding is, where you encapsulate the new email in
a new message/rfc822 object.

If you don't want the receivers of your forwardings to have to click an message
attachment, you can also forward in the following fashion: