On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 01:26:48PM +0100, Stefano Bagnara via mailop wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 at 13:17, Marco Moock <m...@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
> > Can you access their website on freenet.de from OVH?
>
> No. I can't even reach their NS from OVH network.
> So I can't resolve www.freenet.de: but if I try with the IP, then I
> can't ping it.

I can confirm your observations.  I can't see their NS from my OVH box,
nor can I connect to port 25 of the 3 IPs behind their MX.
From home (UK broadband), I can see and query DNS servers, but I can't
talk to port 25.
From non-home/non-ovh, I can see DNS and talk to port 25.

They do claim to use RBLs, but my OVH IP isn't on any RBLs (not even
uceprotect-L3 amazingly right now) - and based on my home 'DUL' IP not
being able to connect, they're certainly using RBLs on port 25.
It also looks like there might be a separate transit issue with OVH.
Might be deliberate, might not.

PG