Hi,

On Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 04:56:29PM +0100, Marco Moock via mailop wrote:
> Is there a reason for changing the content of the mail AND keeping the
> original DKIM signature?
>
> Wouldn't it be better to remove that and add mailop's own DKIM
> signature, that will pass?

Not speaking for the list admins but it seems they are relying on
the Mailman feature of rewriting from when sender's DKIM policy is
reject or quarantine. So if you were to set one of those policies,
your address would not be used and your DKIM would not matter.

I don't know what is better in general or for this list in
particular. Many of the Mailman lists that I run have users that
specifically ask for footer text and subject tag, so for those lists
I rewrite from unconditionally to avoid DKIM problems.

On this list one might argue¹ that we all have MUAs capable of
filtering etc. without subject tag and that we all know where the
mail came from without an explanatory footer because we know to look
at List-* headers. So maybe there is a better argument here for
doing away with all of that in an effort to preserve DKIM
signatures.

Thanks,
Andy

¹ Though still I would be unsurprised to hear dissent on this.