Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I'm reaching out to the community because we've
encountered some weird behavior from a source connected to Microsoft, and
despite our attempts, haven't yet received an explanation from their end. I'm
curious if anyone here, perhaps from Microsoft or those with similar
experiences, might shed some light on this matter.

To give you a bit of context, we operate as an ESP, facilitating our customers
in sending out newsletters. Each email includes tracking URLs with unique
hashes for analytics. For instance, a typical URL hash on our end appears as
follows: https://sub.customerdomain.tld/info/29vcszz10k40z1y0c2yzzzzqz3.

We've identified an IP address, notably tied to Microsoft (20.203.218.75),
executing thousands of hits on our URLs almost immediately after dispatching a
newsletter. However, the peculiar part is the variation in the hash segments
they're accessing. The URL queries we've seen look something like
https://sub.customerdomain.tld/info/Mjl2Y3N6ej, which, upon decoding, starts
off with a familiar segment 29vcsz% but diverges significantly right after.

This pattern strikes us as odd and raises questions regarding the nature of
these requests. Has anyone observed similar traffic patterns, or can anyone
from Microsoft provide some clarity on these unusually patterned requests?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Best,
Vitali