Just what I needed - a global microsoft issue happening the day after we lost a 
datacenter.  It does seem like I jumped the gun on this one.

I should have read mailop before making the assumption!

Would still love a good MS contact, though :)

- Tom



> On Sep 4, 2026, at 03:41, Thomas Johnson via mailop <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Cogent had two fiber cuts in Southern California yesterday.  It greatly 
> affected our San Diego datacenter, causing all our traffic to flow through 
> our LAX datacenter.
> 
> This increase in rate has caused Microsoft/Outlook servers to defer all mail 
> flow (even to our customers who are o365 users):
> 
> 
> ❯ 2026-09-04T10:28:53+00:00 003.mia postfix-relaycust/smtp[888736]: 
> 4hbt2K63Nxxxxx: to=<xxxx>,
>  relay=xxxx-com.mail.protection.outlook.com[52.101.10.16]:25, delay=77, 
> delays=70/0.13/5.8/0.68, dsn=4.7.500,
>  status=deferred (host xxx-com.mail.protection.outlook.com[52.101.10.16] 
> said: 451 4.7.500 Server busy. Please try
>  again later from [199.89.3.6]. (S77714) 
> [BN2PEPF000055E1.namprd21.prod.outlook.com 2026-09-04T10:28:53.346Z
>  08DF0900FB158D96] (in reply to end of DATA command))
> 
> 
> Our San Diego center is back, but the flood of mail returning to it has 
> caused the same issue.
> 
> We're an email filtering service, not a bulk mailer of any type.  We do 
> selective outbound for regular business customers (not bulk, not 
> transactional) - we just really need to relay inbound email to our customers 
> and for their normal business outbound mail to get out.
> 
> I've submitted a request via SNDS, but I don't know if a human will see it 
> and intervene, and this is urgent for our customers.
> 
> Can anyone put me in touch with a Microsoft contact who could possibly 
> intervene?
> 
> Thanks-
> 
> Tom
> _______________________________________________
> mailop mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://list.mailop.org/listinfo/mailop

_______________________________________________
mailop mailing list
[email protected]
https://list.mailop.org/listinfo/mailop

Reply via email to