On 2015-12-29 02:12, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
> It would be convenient for me to use single search (in Gnus) for the
> mail from two servers. Should it be possible?

Janusz,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

No, I never considered the case of multiple IMAP servers in the same
mairix configuration and I don't support it.

Actually it would be fairly difficult to support. mairix uses only one
folder for the search results, and, when using IMAP, matching messages
are copied server-side from the various source folders to the results
folder (no message contents are downloaded from the IMAP server during
matching, only during indexing). If there were multiple IMAP servers
then one could not copy messages server-side across different servers.

> When I tried to specify both servers in the configuration file
>
> imap=Inbox
> imap_server=[server 1]
>
> imap=Inbox
> imap_server=[server 2]
>

> I've got the message
>
> Finding all currently existing messages...
> Message list contains duplicates - check your 'folders' setting

I think it's examining the same folders twice on the same server rather
than examining both servers as you had intended to do. I'm sorry, your
use case is not going to work.

-kv