Ann,

I was wondering  if it would be possible to change the date of the Nittany Lion 
Open, F08-9. It coincides with Homecoming weekend at Penn State and travel into 
and out of town is a nightmare any weekend there is a home football game, let 
alone Homecoming (State College becomes the 3rd largest city in PA on football 
weekends). No hotels rooms are available for clubs to book, and it is unlikely 
that anyone would be able to host teams, since a lot of people have friends 
that come and stay at apartments and dorm rooms for the game. Plus, the Sailing 
Club is involved with the Homecoming Parade on Friday night, so it would be 
hard to organize the incoming teams. 

I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, but I think it would make sense to move 
the event to the next Staurday, the 28th. I can get in contact with the teams 
scheduled to attend and see if they would have any problems with a date change, 
or do whatever would need to be done to make the date switch.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience but, I think it would make sense to 
make the switch.

Fell free t get in contact with me.

Sean Hannan
President,
Penn State Sailing Club (PSU)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
412.400.2009
_________________________________________________
maisa mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.collegesailing.org/mailman/?listname=maisa

Reply via email to