I've been following the conversation initiated by Dan Winters with follow-up 
input from Scott Grandt & Blaine Pedlow with interest and would like to make 
the following observations:

1. Kudos to Dan for continuing to think about ways to improve our "Business" 
model.

2. At the risk of appearing wishy-washy, I agree with some but not all of 
what each person proffered.

3. Here is my 2ยข...
A) I am philosophically against having teams prequalify for the WAR or 
America Trophy from one season to the next. In my opinion, this would be a step 
backward, and a major dilution of competition in the regional qualifiers.
B) I agree that only teams that do not qualify for the WAR or America Trophy 
should participate in the Luce and Grant.
c) To reduce the number of weekends needed to qualify for the America Trophy 
from two to one, consideration should be given to eliminating the three #2 
qualifiers and have only one qualifying weekend with the top six teams at each 
event qualifying for the America Trophy. I would have no problem restricting 
the 
participants to teams from that region only. In fact, it probably makes sense 
from the standpoint of fairness to all competitors but particularly those 
battling for the 5th and 6th qualifying berths.

Joe Sullivan
Coach
Fordham University Sailing team
 


**************
Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, 
plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
      
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)
_________________________________________________
maisa mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.collegesailing.org/mailman/?listname=maisa

Reply via email to