On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:45:21AM -0500, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2002, Edward Avis wrote:
>
> > >And as long as no one intends that module authors actually _write_ it
> > >(by text editor) then I think it's just fine.
> >
> > By that argument what is wrong with Storable?
>
> It's not human _readable_.

Also, the default format isn't canonical. I *think* that the network
order format is canonical (in that the source has explicit hacks that do
*something* on Crays, apparently to read/write 32 bit quantities) but
I wouldn't trust it utterly.

And as well as the readability stuff, it has the big disadvantage that it
can get mangled by any well-meaning ASCII file transfer.

Nicholas Clark