On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:18:17PM +1100, Ken Williams wrote:
> Would it be wrong to just put scripts into INSTALL*BIN?  Do we
> really need to make a big distinction between executable
> binaries and executable scripts?  I'm ignorant of the important
> issues, but if we could just use INSTALL*BIN it wouldn't require
> patching Config.pm and all the stuff that generates it in the
> perl core.

I dunno, some people out there still worry that /usr/bin is for machine-code
binaries and "scripts" should go elsewhere. *shrug*  That's a boat I will
leave to the Config folks to rock.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One