On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 02:26 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

hi all...

I didn't realize that such a list existed, but it's a much better place to post my, um, feature report than p5p :) appologies if I'm posting to the wrong place.

anyway, I noticed the other day that the disttest target seems to have an issue - at least for one of the ways that Apache::Test lets you use it. given

$ perl Makefile.PL -apxs /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

disttest leaves off the additional configuration stuff and just calls perl Makefile.PL.

I wasn't aware that 'make disttest' was supposed to add any other arguments to its 'perl Makefile.PL'. Is that documented somewhere?

Seems like maybe what you want to do is just 'make test', unless I'm misunderstanding.

anyway, I guess the routines in Apache::Test that parse additional command-line arguments are non-standard, but it would be nice to support this feature, especially since there are other targets that seem to store this information just fine.

I think it's pretty common for Makefile.PLs to take other command-line options.

-Ken