Hi Tim,

please reply to all recipients when getting help from mailing lists (as I
specifically request in the last line of my signature.).

I'm CCing the list.

On Wed, 16 May 2012 16:41:44 -0400
Tim OBrien <tfxobr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was looking to install pdftk to play around with PDF files.  I loaded
> cpanp thenI ran cpanp PDF::Create but recieved the error
> Can't locate ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm

In that case, you can normally install ExtUtils::MakeMaker from your
distribution's repositories. If you're using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, you
can run this command as root:

$ yum install perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker.

Note that you may also be able to find an .rpm package for pdftk itself.

> I googled for ExtUtils and found this site:
> http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=211
> with these directions:
> *If you see the error:
> Can't locate ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm in @INC ...

These instructions are very out-of-date. In general, you should go to
https://metacpan.org/ , find the latest version and install that. But it's a
better idea to install from your distribution's package manager.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish