Just off the top of my head, I thought the term "heroic couplets" originated after Pope wrote his translations of Homer in rhyming iambic pentameter couplets.  But I can't offer any proof for this.  I may be wrong.

Randi Eldevik
Oklahoma State University

David Wilson-Okamura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

08/09/04 10:35 AM
Please respond to mantovano