P.S. for the curious. This afternoon I was looking up something else in the
Spenser Concordance and noticed that in FQ 4.2.32, Spenser says the deeds
of Sir Cambell and Sir Triamond were "compyled" by Chaucer "With warlike
numbers and Heroicke sound." He's referring to the missing section (ending?
bulk?) of the Squire's Tale. "Heroicke sound" = rhyming couplets? I'm
guessing no, but since Spenser is describing a section of the poem that
doesn't exist, it's rather difficult to decide.