There is surely some irony here: the apparition (is it really Mercury?)
makes the famous remark about the untrustworthiness of women in order to
persuade Aeneas to disregard the trust which a woman had placed in him.
The passage may be more PC than it looks!  I'd like to echo David's
disagreement with the idea that A is a complete failure with women: on
the contrary, he likes and respects them, they (think of Andromache as
well as of Dido) like and respect him, he is a sincere and committed lover
except when he is caught up in the tragic conflict between amor and
pietas.  Mercury's sneering 'Uxorius!' (266) is an unpleasant kind
of acknowledgement of his commitment to Dido.  I can see that Caro may not
want to take Creusa's 'o dulcis coniunx' at face value but these words
can't be completely misleading, surely. - Martin Hughes