I am having no luck connecting the following quotation to its original
source:

'Donatus scribit Vergilium solitum dicere:  nullam virtutem commodiorem
homini esse patentia ac nullam fortunam adeo esse asperam, quam prudenter
patiendo vir fortis non vincat.'

The article I got this from merely attributes the quotation to 'Fabricius'.
Could anyone explain who 'Fabricius' is, or help me find where in Donatus
this saying is attributed to Vergil?

Thank you much,

Phil Thibodeau