See a story at http://cpart.byu.edu/bottom_herc.html on new techniques for
unraveling Herculaneum scrolls, including this statment by BYU chair of
Classics Roger Macfarlane (whose colleague has come up with the method):

"When the texts were first brought to light, there was a little
disappointment as scholars were looking for the Aristotle texts and other
texts that we know existed but we've lost," says Macfarlane, who is
 working with Kleve to read one of the Latin Herculaneum scrolls.

"But the possibility still remains that the Herculaneum villa has for us
complete texts of Aristotle or Sappho or Alcaeus or of several other
 Greek and Latin authors whose works have only survived in fragments or
not at all," he says.

There is another similar story, from Feb 2001, but perhaps with some
confusion about which manuscripts scholars would like to find and what
they've actually found, at
http://www.independent.co.uk/story.jsp?story=55573
--

Jim O'Hara