At 5:52 PM -0600 2/28/02, David Wilson-Okamura wrote:
<< message forwarded by listowner >>

At 01:22 PM 2/14/02 +0300, Marina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As far as I know Vergilius was greatly influenced by Lucretius. And both of
them were influenced by Ennius. But I hardly ever know anything more about
it. Could anybody help me and, maybe, offer some advice? I'd be very
grateful.

You might have a look at these:

Mellinghoff-Bourgerie, Viviane _Les incertitudes de Virgile_ (Bruxelles, 1990)

        Gale, Monica _Virgil on the Nature of Things_ (Cambridge, 2000)

JMP