<underline>l'Enéide</underline>, 2 vols. vol. 1:   for references in
other authors up to - I think it is about 1000; vol. 2 for later
manuscript illumination.   I looked at Thilo and Hagen, which you have
probably done already, and couldn't find anything useful (odd).
Although he appears to have been woefully neglected, it might be worth
looking at T. Claudius Donatus.  I have the miniatures from the
Vatican Vergil at hand and there is no sign of Amata.

Helen COB

Trinity Dublin</smaller></fontfamily>