-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Wilson-Okamura
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:17 PM
To: Mantovano
Subject: VIRGIL: Comparetti's "Virgilio nel Medioevo" available online

LH-S puts us on the right track, I think, with Erictho. I hope to get
back to it later in the week. In the meantime, here is something I found
this morning: an online text of D. Comparetti's "Virgil in the Middle
Ages" (1872; rev. 1895). There are errors of fact and judgement, but as
a survey it has yet to be replaced. (Cf. Epic and Romance by W. P. Ker.)

The original was in Italian and so is this:
http://www.classicitaliani.it/index178.htm