probably
    L        L            L   L      L       L     L   S   S      LSS    L  L
praed(am ad)-| -serva- |-bant. huc | undique | Troia | gaza

granted - quite strange - the 5th foot is definitely a dactyl - Troia can be
scanned this way
the 4th foot is the one that is more bothersome, but probably follows the rule
that a vowel can be short before a mute followed by l or r (See Gildersleece
and Lodge no.704)