Assuming retina means a tile on a XYZ grid scheme whose size is [some
multiple of 256 pixels]^2 then a practical short term solution would be to
try and implement this in mapguide-rest first, let the feature incubate a
bit and get its kinks ironed out and when it's been proven to work there,
then we can port it over to MapGuide proper.

mapguide-rest has proven to be a nice experimental testbed for features that
have eventually made it into MapGuide (original XYZ tile support is one such
example). We could do the same thing for retina XYZ tiles.

- Jackie