This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
whole list)
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

Dear all,
Following my previous mail, I like just to point out (for the sake of precision
and completeness) that among the projective projections of the sphere there is
also the so called perspective projection, something resembling the third
ptolemaic projection, but it is only a sort of mental exercise and a procedure
allowed by the assumptions of projective geometry but of no practical use. In
my knowledge no one has never drawn it (geometrically!). Nevertheless, it is
the fourth projective projection of the sphere.
vladimiro

Il giorno 26/set/2010, alle ore 22.39, Luis Angel Robles Macias ha scritto:
> This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
> whole list)
> o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +
>
> Dear Maphisters,
>
> I am trying to obtain the following short article published in 1962:
>
> Title: A method of plotting meridians and parallels on the Gnomonic projection
>
> Author: R.J. Gregson
>
> Journal: CARTOGRAPHY
>
> Volume: 4
>
> Issue: 4
>
> Pages: 155-156
>

> My university library has requested it, unsuccessfully, to the following
> libraries:
>
> ·        Australian National University Library
>
> ·        Library of Congress
>
> ·        British Library
>
> ·        Bodleian Library
>

> As far as I have been able to gather, this “Cartography” journal was an
> Australian publication with ISSN 0069-0805. A few years ago it merged with
> “The Australian Surveyor”, giving as a result the "Journal of Spatial
> Science", ISSN 1449-8596.
>
> I would greatly appreciate if somebody could provide some indication
> regarding the location or contents of this article.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Luis A. Robles Macías

> Maphist mailing list
> Maphist@geo.uu.nl