This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
whole list)
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

(Where was Joel when we needed him??  Seriously, this is meant to be
humorous.)

booked
Woman Accused Of Stealing 2,000 Library Books
By Phil Villarreal on September 9, 2011 11:15 AM

Police say a Los Angeles-area woman stole 2,000 library books, as well as a
number of DVDs, and was suspected of planning to sell off the collection.
Library staff notified authorities after they noticed massive numbers of
books had gone missing between March and July, and that a customer was
acting suspiciously.

According to CBS Los Angeles, when police searched the suspects home, they
found it filled with books that were mostly about crafts, animals and
cooking.

The woman was arrested after she stopped at a library and set off the alarm
by leaving with some books that hadn't been checked out. She was booked on
charges of stolen property, and police estimated the value of her collection
to be $5,000. Which doesn't say much for the value of library books.