This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
whole list)
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

I a not sure that the following message has been sent to the list for I have
not received my copy. In the case it did sorry for the new sending.

Dear Dana,
I don't know whether my comments may help you as I am not sure to have properly
understood your request.
This kind of diagram appeared in the 1870's compilation of 1:50.000 scale map
of Italy realized by the Istituto Geografico Militare Italiano using previous
data coming from Neapolitan Staff and direct surveys of Italian Officers.
In a scheme out of the map, in a corner, is printed a diagram very like the one
you show. The diagram shows the covered area, the name of the topographer and
the date of survey.
As soon as I can (I have to digitize one of the sample in my hands) I will send
you (to the list) an image.
Do you think is what you asked?
But the dates of this kind of compilation are hundred years before the ones you
cite!

Ciao
vladimiro

Il giorno 16/set/2011, alle ore 07.58, Vladimiro Valerio ha scritto:

> [...]

Maphist mailing list
Maphist@geo.uu.nl