Have just installed MI 5.5
1. When saving a workspace an error appears syaing:

            "Unable to save workspace".

This happens when I try to overwrite an existing workspace. Any ideas?

2. When starting MI 5.5, an error appears saying:

            "(d:\program files\mapinfo\professional\mapinfo.mnu:1020)
Mapinfo database driver failed to load.D:\Program
Files\Mapinfo\Professional\MIDLOCI.DLL or dependant drivers not found."
I suspect this is because I have loaded an ODBC driver for which I have
no program installed?

3. Why does MI regenerate the screen so many times in a layout? Every
time I click on a tool or try to do anything at all, MI regenerates the
layout. This doen't happen in a map window, but it's beginning to drive
me up the proverbial wall and I've only had it installed for 1 day!! Is
there anyway to stop this?

I am suspecting that it may be something to do with the way I
uninstalled MI 4.52 - it didn't, for some unknown reason, show up in the
Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel and so I ended up just deleting
the files manually. I realise this is a bit of a no-no, but Windows gave
me no other option! So there could be something left in the registry
relating to MI 4.52 which is confusing it?? Can someone help... please!?

TIA

Ben.

begin:vcard
n:Ey;Ben
tel;fax:+61 03 6224 2325
tel;work:+61 03 6221 3719
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.landinfo.com.au
org:Landinfo Pty. Ltd.;Hobart
adr:;;20 Ellerslie Road;Battery Point;Tasmania;7004;Australia
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:GIS Consultant
fn:Ben Ey