A similar thing is happening to me.  I "select all" from my table, then save
as, selection, and kaputsky the program goes down.  Did it 3 times in a row.
Anyone else experiencing the same thing?  I am using MI 5.5.

Thank you
Sarah Myers,
Preventive Care Operations
Blue Cross of California

I am running a simple select query for objects in  two large datasets (few
thousand records each).
Unfortunately, MapInfo (v.5.0) crashes (not responding) after applying this

I tested this for few records and the software is working fine. It seems that
the problem concerns the size of the table??

I have lots of memory, fresh workspace and only these tables which are
necessary. ( I have to run the query on objects not on records!)

Any ideas what's wrong?

Just in case, the query :
select* from tab1 where not obj within any (select obj from tab2) into