Andy wrote

>Just to check the basics though, make sure you've saved a "complete
>drawing" DXF file, not just the entities,
>the Mapinfo table import needs the full header section to work properly.

Yes MapInfo needs full header section , but why?

None of the programs exports data to DXF properly as much as I know, because
DXF  is very stupid and lots of things are messed

So header section should be IGNORED by MapInfo to read full content and also
there should be some checkboxes to sotre layer name as an attribute, .

DXF also misses CAD attributes such as color etc..

Beside MIF is a super exchange format ..

Ahmet DABANLI