Hello Bill/all ,

I was wondering if you/anyone might be able to answer a question for me
concerning the importing capabilities of MapInfo.  ( I have signed up again
to the MapInfo-L, just haven't received conformatin yet)  I have a geotiff
image from the usgs.   What I am trying to do is open it up in MapInfo.
What I realize though is that in order to open anything in MapInfo you need
to have a table of reference geocoordinates to go along with it.  You can't
simply import just an image(*.tiff, *.jpg, etc.), am I correct?  If you have
any insight to this problem or some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

        Thank You to all who may try to help,
                  Megan Hamel  ([EMAIL PROTECTED]