Dear list,

I have a little query regarding fitting a straight line to an arc
(line with a bend). We extract data from one source, and wish to
overlay it to existing sewer records. However, since some of the
sewers have bends in them, and we only have a start and finish point,
is there any way to 'bend' the imported data to match up with the
original sewer records?

In both sets of data the start and finish coordinates are the same,
if that helps.

Tom

ps  I know it's possible to add nodes and do the job manually, but I
was hoping there may be a quicker way!