Hi All,
        I need Help! I got a problem with MapBasic.  Is there a way to pass
a variable (Value of field name) into the "Set To sum( ) parameter of the
"Add Column" statement?  Look at my example:
--------------
Table_Date: Name of a point Table
Table_Buffers: Name of a polygon Table
Accident: Real name of a field (Table_Data)
Dim ColName As String
ColName = "Accident"
--------------
1.
Add Column "Table_Buffers" ( ColName + "(Somme)" Float) From Table_Data Set
To sum(Accident) Where within Dynamic
IT WORKS WELL!!

2.
Add Column "Table_Buffers" ( ColName + "(Somme)" Float) From Table_Data Set
To sum(ColName) Where within Dynamic
PROBLEM!! :-((
Error message: Expression does not evaluate to a column or table name.

Any suggestion? THANKS!

François Bergeron, Conseiller en Géomatique
Ministère des Transports du Québec, Montreal
Direction des technologies de l'information
Service à la clientèle (Soutien Géomatique)
Téléphone: (514) 873-4293
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ou [EMAIL PROTECTED]