Dear Ewa

If I understand your question correctly the solution is straight
forward.

You can select all records including the word flat with the operator
LIKE and the use of wildcards.

Then update the table so that "flat" is replaced with "". MapInfo at the
end of the day is a database and the SQL is really powerful.

Hope this helps.

Bob.

In message <000901beda19$c12641a0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ewa Plachta
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

--
Bob Young