Listers,

As a member of the Mapinfo-L list with a dot.com address, I have a few
points for you all to bear in mind.

We all have an interest in making Mapinfo a better product.  Contributing
to the list is a way of sharing our solutions to the day to day problems we
face as employees, teachers, government employees and as individuals.

Further, I also hope the list also provides Mapinfo with information on the
way that it's product is being used and how it can be improved in future.

My (albeit small) contributions are based on the fact that I have received
useful pointers from the List, and wish to reciprocate in those (sadly few)
areas where I have some expertise.  It never crossed my mind that I would
charge for this - whoever the recipient.

Perhaps you could think back through the Mapinfo-L solutions that you have
found useful that have been provided by dot.com users.  Maybe there are
some freeware utilities that you have taken advantage of - provided by
dot.coms - my favourite form of advertising!

Perhaps Bill Thoen would like to add up all the useful contributions from
.com addresses to the list? (only joking, Bill)

Would Bill deserves a 10% fee for any commerce through the List for his
(unpaid) work in setting up and administering the List? (sorry Bill, I'm
still joking)

All those dot.com solutions were provided free of charge, I'm sure in a
spirit of generosity and goodwill.  Just because we work with Mapinfo
doesn't mean that money is always the first thing on our minds.

Brian Forrester
Edinburgh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.woodmac.com