Maybe if they had spent some of the million dollars buying better switches
that wouldn't break so easily, they would never had needed the pen....
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Adam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 September 1999 0:05
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: 'MapInfo List'
Subject: RE: MI WAPHGIS: how to kill the Caps Lock key

Just a totally unrelated fast fact-
When Buzz Aldrin was getting back into the lunar landing module and removing
his suit, he accidentally knocked off a switch on a control panel.  When
they tried to use the switch and found the toggle missing, he used that same
pen to stick in the resulting hole and activate the control.
Ironic with the hoopla about costs that it likely saved the lives of two men
on the moon...
Jason