From: Brian McKenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 12:55 PM
Subject: MI newbie having problems w/DOQ data

MI newbie question here.

I have been lucky to find several areas to acquire free DOQ data for Florida. However I can not seem to decipher the data that accompanies the DOQ file. I get one file called "quad name.jpg" and another file "quad name.jgw". The following is all that is received in the JGW file:

3.00000000000000
0.00000000000000
0.00000000000000
-3.00000000000000
620831.40404494712129
445923.174751555927241

that is all I receive. I have tried every possible thing I can think of (I thought they were DMS but it doesn't calculate properly)but can not seem to register these numbers. The actual Lat Lon should be around -81.6244, 27.8650. Thanks to all in this this group. I dont know where I would be without a list such as this.

Regards
Brian McKenzie
I.T. Manager
Stallings Crop Insurance Corp.