Hello Haavard,

> How do I add charaterdata from to coloumns into one?
>
> example:  the first column contains first_names (john)
> and the second coloumn contains second names
> (Smith)....I want the result to appear as JohnSmith in
> only one coloumn.There should be no space between John
> and Smith). There are tousands of records so
> I can't do this manually.

When using the "Table>Update" menu option, or SQL typed into the MapBasic
window, you are not just limited to updating by a single field. MI Pro
allows you to use expressions.

To get the desired results update your table with the expression:
first_names+second_names
If you wanted a space you would use: first_names+" "+second_names

Even with thousands of records, this update will not take too long.

Regards,
Warren Vick
Europa Technologies Ltd, U.K.
http://www.europa-tech.com