Dear e-friends here,

I have received several emails with practical advice. Thank you.
I digitized the chart with a non-earth projection since it is not a map.
But it turned out "Centroid" picks up location as decimal degree. So I
changed the projection to lon/lat and digitized the chart again. It worked
perfectly.

Warm regards,
                  Hiko

Kazuhiko Yamashita
Division of Marine Engineering, Kokusai Kogyo co. ltd
3-6-3 Hakataeki-higashi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0013 Japan
Phone: +81-92-431-7277 FAX: +81-92-431-7275