Andy -

Many thanks on this.  I knew I wasn't a complete fool on this despite the odd
email I received.  Further, I also believe (foolishly) that the  8i plus Spatial
Cartridge our our interest  can be put together on a single CD if Oracle wanted to
offer such a "package" for single seat spatial users/developers.  An Oracle for
the masses!

Neil

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >A) Would you (or they) confirm that if you buy Oracle8i Personal for $395 (or
> >down load or have the $5 CDROM of Personal 8i Trial system sent) that Spatial
> >Cartridge is in fact part of the TRIAL system or can be added for $360 per
> seat?
> >What Part Numbers do we need to get the basic Oracle configuration together?
>
> Finally, I can confirm that Oracle8i Personal Edition does indeed include
> the Spatial component. I was able to order it from Oracle's web site as part
> of the  Database Media Pack 1 (part number A74282-02) for $39.95. (actually
> $35.95 after $4 discount for ordering on the web). I ordered on Friday, and
> received a box of 17 CDs this morning. I installed Oracle8i Personal on my
> PC and uploaded tables with EasyLoader 4.0 and displayed maps with MI Pro 5.5
> right away. I my haste, and on my single NT workstation, I could not see the
> difference between Oracle8i Personal Edition and the Oracle8i Enterprise
> Edition that initially installed and used.

Another little goodie for all you NT and Web server types....

http://www.idg.net/servlet/ContentServlet?global_doc_id=89499&page_id=712&content_source_id=5&return_spot=ts12&logger_loc=front_pages%2Fenglish