>I would like to open a georeferencing TIFF raster image in MI an bypass
the registering raster operation.
>Is it possible?

The tool we use for this procedure is WORLDREG written by Tony Cooley. He
offers a freeware, limited-to-single-TIFF version at the Data Directions
website:

http://members.aol.com/MapData/wrv3.html

We use WorldReg Plus which costs a bit more but is the only tool I know of
for using raster nautical charts in the proprietary BSB format. We consider
it money well spent, and an excellent utility - recommended.

Tom